Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Today Hope=Nope

What is the plan to deal with healthcare now, considering that the senate is broken? It seems to me the house is broken as well what with 220 votes, only 3 more than necessary. We have clear majorities in both houses of congress, we have a democrat as president, and our elected reps can not get this done. I am ashamed of our country, I am ashamed that I am a citizen of this country, I am ashamed that I served in the armed forces. For the first time in my life I can see that it would absolutely be better for me to emigrate to another country, rather than stay here. I finally have a bit of an idea of what it must be like to decide to walk hundreds or thousands of miles, illegally cross international borders, and live a criminal life just for it to be a little better.

No comments: